Gum Recontouring – Marysville, WA
Saying Goodbye to Your “Gummy” Smile
Your gums make up a large part of your smile, so when they look uneven or there is “too much” tissue making your teeth appear shorter, you might feel like hiding from pictures or avoiding social gatherings. At Allen Creek Family Dentistry, we want you out in the spotlight, which is why we offer gum recontouring in Marysville, WA. This unique procedure can have you saying goodbye to your “gummy” smile and hello to a more aesthetically pleasing smile. Find out if you are a qualified candidate by contacting us today.
What is Gum Recontouring?
Gum recontouring is a procedure that is offered to patients who have:
- “Gummy” smiles (i.e. gums that protrude and cover much of the tooth enamel)
- Uneven gums
- A tooth that requires a dental crown but requires enamel to be exposed for proper placement of the crown
- Periodontal disease and removal of the excess tissue can benefit in the successful treatment of the patient
In most cases, patients seek gum recontouring as a way to improve the look of their smile. Too often, people are displeased with short or “stubby” teeth or gums that stick out farther than they should. This is where our team of professionals can safely and effectively sculpt and shape the gum line to appear more aesthetically pleasing.
How Does it Work?
At Allen Creek Family Dentistry, we will take the time to examine your smile and construct a personalized treatment plan to handle your gum recontouring procedure. Once you and our dentists are satisfied with the plan, we will administer local anesthesia to ensure you are comfortable and at ease throughout the process.
We will then begin to shape and sculpt your gums in a way that has you seeing the results you desire. Whether for cosmetic or restorative purposes, our process will remove excess tissue and expose more of the beautiful smile that has been hiding behind your gums.
Benefits of Gum Recontouring
There is nothing better than having a smile that is beautiful and healthy. For patients who need gum recontouring, there are lasting benefits that cannot be achieved with other methods of treatment, including:
- Improved oral health – By eliminating unnecessary tissue, you can reduce the risk of gum disease and bacteria becoming trapped in excessive gum tissue.
- Aesthetically pleasing smile – If your gums are uneven or protrude, gum recontouring makes it possible to create an even, more proportional smile.
- Increased confidence – Not only will you look better, but you will feel better about your appearance. This, in turn, will help you to exude confidence when you arrive for your next job interview or outing with friends.
Cost of Gum Recontouring
When considering gum recontouring as a way to improve your smile, your first question will probably be, “How much will it cost?” While it would be nice to put a one-size-fits-all price tag on this service, each patient is different, so various factors can influence the cost, such as:
- The severity of your individual case
- How much tissue is going to be removed
- Additional dental work required (i.e. gum recontouring for dental crown placement or periodontal therapy)