Multiple Tooth Implants – Marysville, WA
Replace missing teeth for a healthier smile
Do you need to replace missing teeth? Then you should not only think about replacing the part that is visible, but the portion that is below the gum line too. Dental implants replace both the crown and root of a missing tooth, which makes them look and feel more like natural teeth. Single or multiple tooth implants are available. Schedule a consultation with your dentists at Allen Creek Family Dentistry to learn more about your options.
Non-Implant Tooth Replacements
There are several acceptable options for tooth replacement that do not require dental implants.
- Crown and Bridge. To replace a few consecutive missing teeth, a crown and bridge can be an ideal choice for some patients. Crowns are mounted on the two healthy teeth that are on both sides of the gap in your smile. These in turn support false teeth that fill in for missing teeth.
- Partial Dentures. If you have nonconsecutive missing teeth, then a partial denture can be designed to fit like a puzzle piece between your remaining teeth. Clips or clasps attach to those teeth in order to hold the partial in place.
- Full Dentures. To replace all of the teeth along an arch, there is always a full denture. This consists of false teeth that are mounted on a gum-colored base. A denture relies on natural suction and adhesive cream to stay secure.
Receiving Dental Implants
Restoring your smile with dental implants usually requires several months of treatment. The process begins with prep work. Tooth extraction is performed if necessary and the placement of dental implants is planned with the aid of digital X-rays and scans.
The next phase is surgical implant placement. With multiple tooth implants, incisions are made in the gum tissue so that the dentist can secure the correct number of implants in your jaw. For the following several months, the gum tissue heals and the implants and surrounding bone tissue fuse together to create a secure foundation for your new tooth.
Lastly, you will have an implant-supported crown, bridge, partial or full denture attached to your implants.
The Advantages of Dental Implants in Marysville
Dental implants offer several advantages that aren’t available with the aforementioned tooth replacements:
- They do not impact the health of your other teeth.
- Dental implants restore an entire tooth from root to crown, which improves health.
- Implants are comfortable and stable.
- They help preserve jawbone density and gum tissue volume.
- Dental implants remain in your mouth at all times and do not need to be removed for cleaning.
- With proper oral hygiene care and regular dental checkups, implants can last for 30 years or more, while other prosthetics need regular maintenance and eventual replacement.
Call Today for a Consultation
Contact Allen Creek Family Dentistry to learn more about multiple tooth implants. We would love to help you regain a strong and confident smile!